PsychoLogic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PsychoLogic

Discuss the different topics under Psychology

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TYPES of Motivation

Go down 
+3
MugiwaraPirates
CarlJulesTernate
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

TYPES of Motivation Empty
PostSubject: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 7:51 pm

There are 2 types of motivation: INTRINSIC and EXTRINSIC

INTRINSIC - Intrinsic motivation means that the individual's motivational stimuli are coming from within. The individual has the desire to perform a specific task, because its results are in accordance with his belief system or fulfills a desire.

Our deep-rooted desires have the highest motivational power. Below are some examples:

Acceptance: We all need to feel that we, as well as our decisions, are accepted by our co-workers.
Curiosity: We all have the desire to be in the know.
Honor: We all need to respect the rules and to be ethical.
Independence: We all need to feel we are unique.
Order: We all need to be organized.
Power: We all have the desire to be able to have influence.
Social contact: We all need to have some social interactions.
Social Status: We all have the desire to feel important.

EXTRINSIC - Extrinsic motivation means that the individual's motivational stimuli are coming from outside. In other words, our desires to perform a task are controlled by an outside source.

Extrinsic motivation is external in nature. The most well-known and the most debated motivation is money. Below are some other examples:

Employee of the month award
Benefit package
Bonuses
Organized activities

QUESTIONS:

1. What type of motivation motivates you the most?

2. Give one example of each kind of motivation that you already experience.
Back to top Go down
https://psycho-logic.board-directory.net
CarlJulesTernate

PostSubject: Re: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 8:49 pm

The type of motivation that motivates me most is the Intrinsic Motivation.

Curiosity Motivation is the one that I experienced because when we saw something new to us we are curious about it.
Back to top Go down
MugiwaraPirates

MugiwaraPirates

PostSubject: Re: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Hmmmm.
I am more on intrinsic motivation but I can't deny that I sometimes love extrinsic motivation such as rewards.
Back to top Go down
flylanie

flylanie

PostSubject: Re: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:21 pm

I am usually motivated through intrinsic motivation. Some times I am influenced by extrinsic motivation due to the rewards that is waiting. But no matter what, the motivation that comes from within is the one that matters. For me to be motivated enough to do such thing I used to be independent and I used to focus on that thing for me to finished it.
Mind over matter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Can I choose both? Kidding aside:) hehe' I think I am more of with intrinsic motivation. Money and other rewards will soon disappear but Confidence and honor will not easily vanish:)
Back to top Go down
JBIlig

PostSubject: Re: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 am

I am a Intrinsic person and i agree that we all need to obey rules and regulations in all.
Back to top Go down
jovyreinpujante

PostSubject: Re: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 10:53 am

For me, I am an Intrinsic person. Because I know and I believe that God created us in a special way and at the same time we are unique. He use His body & soul for us to be alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TYPES of Motivation   TYPES of Motivation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TYPES of Motivation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PsychoLogic :: PSYCHOLOGY :: What are YOU?-
Jump to: